Ideal as extra protection for softwood species for the exterior. A clear wood impregnation which serves as a preventive protection against blue stain, rot and insect attack. Penetrates deeply into the wood – prevents swelling and shrinkage and is extremely water repellent with a very low odour during application and is completely odourless when dry.
Osmo – WR Base Coat 2.5L – 4001 Clear
- Extremely water repellent
- Resistant to blue stain, rot and insect attack
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- No future application necessary
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Out of stock
Vertically structured exterior wood surfaces, especially softwoods
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
|Method of application||
Apply by (brush or roller) spreading out thinly and evenly along wood texture.
Osmo WR Base Coat is not to be used alone, instead it is a clear impregnation to protect wood against rot, blue stain and insect attack.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Damp cleaning with Osmo Decking Cleaner using Osmo Decking Cleaning Brush.
Occasional Maintenance: If necessary, intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Wood Reviver Power Gel or Osmo Gard Clean.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- WR Base Coat is not a wood finish and is a base coat only. A finishing product from the Osmo range is required within three months.
- If possible, although not essential; apply to all sides of the wood to give the strongest protection. Wipe excess from edges with a dry cloth before leaving to dry.
- Some applications may raise the wood’s grain, if necessary de-nib to smoothen the surface.
- Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
- Note: 4005 WR Base Coat Aqua is discontinued from 2016 and is super-ceded with an improved oil-based version 4001 WR Base Coat.