Combining all the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product. It is possible to create an almost infinite variation of naturally occurring colour shades to enhance the grain showing a gorgeous, natural colour tone or if you prefer a choice of intensive, bright or vivid colours – Wood Wax Finish is the product to give your interior wood a durable surface that adapts to the demands of life. Resistant to water and dirt, is wipe-proof and stain resistant. Easy application – no need for sanding between coats, which saves time and money. Resistant against liquid spillages and the dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
Osmo wood wax finish – 750ml
- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain remains visible with transparent tones and wood grain can be hidden with intensive tones
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Protection and decorative finishing of wood in indoor areas
The wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (max. 18% moisture content). Osmo Wood Wax Finish is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use.
|Method of application||
Transparent colour (one coat): with Osmo Flat Brush, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain and spread well.
Intensive colour (two coats): with Osmo Flat Brush or Microfibre Roller, apply very thinly to the clean and dry wood surface along the wood grain and spread well. Ventilate well while drying. Apply the second coat – also thinly.
Note: Larger areas can also be coated by using a scraper. Afterwards rub in with a white pad.
Important: For mechanically loaded areas, e.g. flooring, we recommend max. one coat and generally a thin top coat with clear Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original. For white flooring, a top coat with lightly white pigmented Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints 3040 White. Drying time of Wood Wax Finish used on floors, approx. 24 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Ventilate well while drying. After 2-3 weeks, the floor surface is fully cured.
Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time and the typical smell of oil.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
|Wood wax colors||
3186 White matt, 3188 Snow
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Failure to mix the colour and all ingredients could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For resinous wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat on flooring – as a second coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is required.
- Wood grain remains visible with ‘transparent’ tones and wood grain is hidden (after two coats) of ‘intensive’ tones.
- When using 3111 White as the first coat on flooring, a second coat of 3040 White from Polyx®-Oil Tints is recommended to avoid yellowing.
- Lightly coloured glazing effect: within 20 minutes after applying the coat, wipe with a cloth or a white pad along the wood grain.
- As a colouring primer for flooring: Leave to dry for approx. 24 hrs to allow pigmentation to cure before applying second coat with Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
- For alternative colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints.
- Ventilate well while drying and avoid covering the surface. After 2-3 weeks, the floor surface is fully cured.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3161 Ebony or 3169 Black. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!