Microporous natural hardwax-oil wood finish which is extremely tough and hardwearing. It is water repellent and dirt resistant. The finish is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water. These types of liquid spillages will tightly bead on the surface without leaving any marks, simply clean by wiping with a cloth.
Osmo – Topoil surface kit
- x1 500ml TopOil
- x1 500ml Spray Cleaner
- x1 Hand Pad Holder
- x1 Oil Finish Application Fleece
- x1 Buffing Fleece
- x1 Pair of Gloves
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Out of stock
Kitchen wooden worktop and tables
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
|Method of application||
Apply the first coat thinly along the wood grain with the Oil Finish Application Fleece supplied. Remove any excess TopOil with a clean, dry lint free cloth.
Allow to dry for approx. 8-10 hours. Ventilate well while drying.
Once the TopOil has fully cured, clean the newly oiled surface using the cleaning spray supplied as and when required.
The supplied abrasive pad can be used to help remove minor scratches, scuffs or dirt from waxed or oiled work surfaces prior to cleaning and renovation.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping. Damp mopping using Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- Shake very well before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
- For kitchen worktops, Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is an optional pre-treatment for absorbent wood like: Pine, Birch or Spruce. Osmo Wood Protector 4006 will help to raise the water repellant qualities of the timber prior to applying Osmo Top Oil.
- Wood pre-treated with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 may appear a little more dark and colour intensified. Always trial apply Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural over the Wood Protector 4006 to ensure the final appearance meets with expectations.
- Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.