Microporous natural hardwax-oil wood finish which is extremely tough and hardwearing. It is water repellent and dirt resistant. The finish is resistant against wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk and water. These types of liquid spillages will tightly bead on the surface without leaving any marks, simply clean by wiping with a cloth.
Osmo TopOil 500ml
- Food safe (EN 1186)
- Safe for use on children’s toys (EN 71.3)
- Extremely water repellent
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for future applications. Can be spot repaired.
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Kitchen wooden worktop and tables
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler).
For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
|Method of application||
Apply the first coat thinly along the wood grain with an Osmo Microfibre Roller, Flat Brush or Oil Finish Applicator Fleece.
Apply the second coat with an Osmo Oil Finish Applicator Fleece or a lint-free cloth. Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
For renovations, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface with an Oil Finish Applicator Fleece or lint-free cloth is usually sufficient.
Transparent colours are influenced by the natural colour of the wood and therefore they may deviate from the sample colours. Light transparent colour tones offer only limited UV protection; therefore they are not recommended for surfaces exposed to strong sunlight. Dried surface is at first satin-glossy and then satin. To extend the life of the coating, it is recommended to apply one final top coat of Osmo UV Protection Oil Extra 420 Clear after thoroughly drying (not recommended for White 900). Many wood species contain water-soluble coloured extractives which may leach out naturally when weathered. All colour tones can be mixed with each other.
Using power washers will severely decrease the coverage of the finish and general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping. Damp mopping using Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat of TopOil onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
3037 White transparent, 3039 Graphite transparent
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- Shake very well before use. Failure to mix all ingredients ( and colour) could lead to an increased patchiness.
- For dark and extractive-rich woods (e.g. Iroko, Teak, Mahogany, Sapele, Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba, Cedar etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin. A trial application is recommended.
- For kitchen worktops, Osmo Wood Protector 4006 is an optional pre-treatment for absorbent wood like: Pine, Birch or Spruce. Osmo Wood Protector 4006 will help to raise the water repellant qualities of the timber prior to applying Osmo Top Oil.
- Wood pre-treated with Osmo Wood Protector 4006 may appear a little more dark and colour intensified. Always trial apply Osmo Top Oil 3068 Natural over the Wood Protector 4006 to ensure the final appearance meets with expectations.
- Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural is slightly white tinted and is optically suitable for lighter coloured wood species, eg : Oak, Beech, Birch or Pine. On dark/reddish wood species, Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural is visible as slightly white chalky surface.
- Applying excess Osmo TopOil 3068 Natural may lead to a white chalky surface. Remove visible white pigments before allowing the surface to dry.
- Avoid covering during drying and curing. After 2-3 weeks, the surface is fully cured.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.