Unique preservative wood primer especially developed for wood’s prone to moisture and susceptible to blue stain in wet rooms such as bathrooms. Suitable for any wood in the interior including kitchen work surfaces, flooring, window frames and joinery. Also suitable for the exterior where an absolutely economical, non-biocidal impregnation is required, e.g. children’s toys, raised garden beds for plants and animal housing.
Osmo – Wood protector 2.5L
- Extremely water resistant
- Food safe
- Suitable for the interior and exterior
- Animal and plant friendly once dry
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable primer which does not crack, peel or flake
- Supports a healthy living environment
- No future applications necessary
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
2 in stock
Wood in moist environments such as bathrooms and kitchens
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
|Method of application||
Apply one time to the clean and dry wood with Osmo Flat Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller or by dipping.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- Ideal base coat for Osmo Polyx®-Oils for use in bathrooms, kitchens and even swimming pool environments and saunas!
- Wood Protector is a primer only and requires a finishing product such as Osmo TopOil for worktops or Osmo Polyx®-Oil for flooring, furniture and joinery in bathrooms or kitchens.
- First application of Wood Protector must be applied onto untreated or evenly sanded surfaces.
- Wood Protector is clear and therefore will darken the natural character of the wood, please test a small area prior to application.
- If possible, although not essential; apply to all sides of the wood to give the strongest protection. Wipe excess from edges with a dry cloth before leaving to dry.