Osmo Concrete Oil is an interior finish suitable for the clear impregnation of nearly all types of concrete (exposed concrete), artificial stone, screed as well as microporous natural stone with a polished, sanded or break surface as well as for unglazed tiles. Especially suited as wall panelling and flooring in the kitchen and bath as well as for tabletops, windows sills and kitchen worktops.
Osmo – Concrete oil – interior only – Clear Satin
- Made from natural oils and waxes
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- Highly water repellent
- Protects against dirt and wear
- Seals porous tile material ready for grouting – Always Trial Apply!
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Out of stock
Interior concrete, stone and tiles
The surface must be absorbent, clean, dry and frost free. Any existing sealants must be completely removed using a suitable tile or stone sealant stripper. Please contact the manufacturer of the sealant stripper for more guidance on the most appropriate products available. Rinse the surface well after stripping sealants. Following the stripping of sealants, the surface will need to dry for at least 7 days in well ventilated, liveable conditions. Newly laid stone or absorbent tiles will also need to dry for at least 7 days in well ventilated, liveable conditions. For concrete slabs, ensure the slab has completely dried – this could take several weeks depending on thickness. Osmo Concrete Oil is ready to use; do not thin. A trial application is highly recommended first.
|Method of application||
With Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Osmo Microfibre Roller, apply very thinly and spread well. Remove any excess wet product (pooling or streaks) with a pad or a lint-free cloth. For larger areas, remove excess oil with a rubber scraper and polish with a buffing machine (white pad). Important: the liquid oil must be absorbed into the surface. There must not be any oil left on the surface. Allow to dry for 8-10 hours. Ventilate well while drying. Apply the second coat also very thinly. Again, remove any excess. When renovating already oiled surfaces, normally one coat on a cleaned surface is sufficient.
Oils enhance the natural colour of the substrate (permanent wet effect). Trial application is absolutely essential! Impregnation may influence the slip resistance of the original surfaces – especially when wet. Immediately wipe wet spillages dry. White or very light-coloured stone/surface may yellow slightly as result of the oil treatment! The acid sensitivity of the stone (e.g. Limestone or marble) remains unaffected – to avoid the stone etching, always wipe away acidic liquids (eg wine, beer, cola, fruit juice or vinegar) immediately. Non-absorbent surfaces, such as glass, glazed tiles or ceramic, cannot be treated (impregnated). Substrates sensitive to solvents (e.g. plastics such as Plexiglas) must be protected. A lack of ventilation leads delays in drying.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Refresh clean, dry surfaces using a little amount of Osmo Concrete Oil 610 applied with a lint free cloth.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- The product will intensify the colour of the substrate (stone, concrete etc.)
- White or very light-coloured stone/surface may yellow slightly as result of the oil treatment!
- If used onto soft hand-made Terracotta floor tiles, Concrete Oil may not produce the high level of wax required for these tiles. Always speak to the tile manufacturer for finishing advice for softer floor tiles.
- For acid sensitive stones like marble and limestone, avoid prolonged contact with acidic liquids such as fruit juice, wine, cola, and vinegar. Prolonged contact with acidic substances can cause etching to acid sensitive surfaces.
- It is important to maintain surfaces and recoat as necessary, because on worn surfaces liquids like water and olive oil can penetrate and potentially stain tiles.
- Day to day cleaning is recommended using Osmo Spray-Cleaner.
- Pre-sealing of absorbent tiles prior to grouting might be possible. We highly recommend a trial is carried out first to ensure coloured grouts do not stain the tile. Please ensure that the tiles are completely dry before using Osmo Concrete Oil. We highly recommend allowing at least 7 days for newly laid tiles to release moisture from adhesives before sealing. Very porous surfaces my require 2 x thinly applied coats of Osmo Concrete oil prior to grouting. Following application of Osmo Concrete Oil, remove all excess product from the surface and allow 24 hours for each coat to dry before grouting. Following grouting, the fully dried and cured grout can then be sealed with one thinly applied coat of Osmo Concrete Oil.