Colour and protect wooden floors without visible transitions, applying a single coat of the Oil Stain will create a transparent look showing the wood’s natural grain, whilst an optional second coat can give a more intensive colour tone. A final coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is a must to protect pigmented finishes from wearing the colour. Oil Stain Hardener is an optional second component which can be used to harden the finish which reduces the drying and curing time to just 4 hours!
Osmo – Oil Stain 1L
- Especially fast drying and curing
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Attractive colour tones, transparent or intensive
- Specifically for commercial use
- Suitable for all woods including exotic woods
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
FREE Delivery to UK mainland, orders before 11am dispatched the same day
Interior wooden flooring and furniture
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
|Method of application||
Transparent colour: with Osmo Floor Brush, Osmo Microfibre Roller, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder) or Double Blade Scraper, apply very thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and rub into the wood with a white pad. For larger areas use the Osmo Floor-X- center / white pad for an even colour tone. Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours under good ventilation.
Intensive colour: if a stronger colour is desired, apply thinly along the wood grain with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, and spread well. Please note, Oil stain will penetrate quite quickly therefore on thirsty woods a hand application may appear patchy. Trial applications highly recommended first. For best results, rub in to the wood with white pad.
Tip: With an unused Osmo Microfibre Roller, any brushstrokes can be removed within 30 minutes after application. Ventilate well while drying. If an even more intensive colour is desired, apply a second coat with Osmo Double Blade Scraper, Osmo Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush, and rub into the wood with a white pad. Ensure first coat of Osmo Oil Stain has fully dried before rubbing in second coat with white pad.
Applications with the Hardener for Oil Stain 6631 as drying accelerator are also possible as an option.
For dark woods and hardwoods rich in extractives (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin or Osmo Polyx®-Oil 2K Pure. A trial application is recommended.
Colour tone 3501 White: An intensive white surface is not recommended for flooring because it is more sensitive and prone to natural yellowing. As a top coat for such surfaces, the pigmented Polyx®-Oils 3040 or 3240 (White transparent) is recommended.
Colour tone 3519 Natural: A thin coat is recommended either with Osmo Microfibre Roller or Floor Brush.
Using general or multi-purpose cleaners will increase the frequency of maintenance and recoating. Allow finish to fully cure before heavy usage.
Regular Cleaning: Dust mopping using the green Dust-Mop from the Osmo Mop Cleaning Kit for Floors. Damp mopping using Osmo Wash and Care or Osmo Spray-Mop.
Occasional Maintenance: Intensive cleaning and refreshing using Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner or Osmo Maintenance Oil.
Recoating: Simply re-apply one coat onto the clean and dry surface when signs of wear become visible.
3501 White, 3512 Silver Grey, 3514 Graphite, 3519 Natural, 3564 Tobacco, 3590 Black
The only producers to coat our wooden products with wooden finishes from our own product development and production. Worldwide the name Osmo stands for quality from Germany.
140-years of experience handling wood and over 50-years of developing our own finishing systems gives us in-depth competence in both areas, you can benefit from our experience.
The foundation of Osmo wood finishes has been based upon purified and refined natural resources which are carefully harvested into natural oils and hard waxes. Good for wood, and the environment.
Preserve the natural beauty and durability of wood with only the highest quality and environmentally friendly products that you can rely on.
By using carefully harvested natural oils and hard waxes, Osmo is proud to call its products vegan.
Osmo harnesses all the goodness of nature, without using ingredients from any animals.
- Stir well using a flat stirring stick or spatula before use. Failure to mix the colour and all ingredients could lead to an increased patchiness
- Over application and/or low ventilation can also increase the drying times.
- Apply one coat with a buffing pad for a transparent colour tone. For a more intensive colour tone, apply a second thin coat ( buffed, or Osmo microfibre roller)to show less of the grain.
- Always check colour coats are fully dry and stable prior to applying a subsequent coat. If coats are not dry the colour could be disturbed. Always trial apply first.
- A final top coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil should be applied to protect the colour.
- If you prefer the look of untreated wood or to retain the light character of the wood please use Osmo Polyx®-Oil 3044 Raw.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3590 Black. The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired. Always trial apply!